Back to Soccer
Galatasaray open talks with Milan's Nkunku amid Newcastle and Leipzig interest
transfernormalNeutral60% confidence

Galatasaray open talks with Milan's Nkunku amid Newcastle and Leipzig interest

August 18, 2026 at 03:35 PM
Media ReportTransferNormal urgency60% confidence

Quick summary

Galatasaray have begun talks with Milan to sign Christopher Nkunku, with Newcastle and RB Leipzig also reportedly monitoring the forward's situation.

Full article

Attributed to original source

Galatasaray have opened talks with AC Milan over a possible move for Christopher Nkunku, joining an increasingly crowded field of suitors for the forward as he edges towards the Rossoneri exit door.

According to journalist Sacha Tavolieri , the Turkish club began discussions with Milan’s hierarchy on Monday, having already been tracking Rafael Leao for some time.

Nkunku was left out of Ruben Amorim’s plans earlier this month, one of four players told they could leave San Siro before the season begins.

PISA, ITALY – FEBRUARY 13: Christopher Nkuku of AC Milan in action during the Serie A match between Pisa SC and AC Milan at Arena Garibaldi on February 13, 2026 in Pisa, Italy. (Photo by Gabriele Maltinti/Getty Images) Leipzig keen on Nkunku reunion as Newcastle also circle RB Leipzig, the club Nkunku left for Chelsea in 2023, are also pushing hard to bring him back to Germany, though the France international is said to be holding off on any decision in the hope other options materialise before the window shuts.

Newcastle have likewise been credited with interest.

Milan signed Nkunku from Chelsea for around €37m last summer, and he managed eight goals and three assists in 35 appearances across his debut season, though that wasn’t enough to convince Amorim to build around him.

Source attribution: this article content is based on the linked publisher feed/source. Chance adds independent soccer context, impact analysis, entity links, and related news.

What happened

Turkish giants Galatasaray have opened negotiations with AC Milan over a potential transfer for Christopher Nkunku, the French forward who joined the Rossoneri from Chelsea. The move would reunite Nkunku with a familiar environment, as the 28-year-old previously worked under current Galatasaray manager Okan Buruk during their time together at Istanbul. Newcastle United and RB Leipzig are also reportedly tracking the situation, potentially complicating negotiations. The player's high wages remain a significant obstacle to any deal, though Galatasaray are believed to be confident in their financial package.

Chance analysis

Nkunku's future at Milan has looked uncertain since the end of the season, and a concrete approach from Galatasaray suggests the Turkish club are serious about making a marquee signing rather than simply exploring options. With multiple clubs circling, Milan hold a relatively strong negotiating position, though wage demands could narrow the field of realistic buyers. For Galatasaray, a player of Nkunku's Champions League pedigree would represent a statement signing, while Leipzig would represent a sentimental homecoming for a player who developed there as a youth.

Impact

If completed, Nkunku's departure would weaken Milan's attacking options while strengthening whichever club secures his signature.

Related entities
ac-milannewcastlerb-leipzigAc MilanRb LeipzigGalatasaraySerie ASuper Lig
Players
Christopher Nkunku

Original source

Chance summarizes and analyzes this story, with attribution to the publisher/source.

Read Original Source
About this article

Transfer

Galatasaray open talks with Milan's Nkunku amid Newcastle and Leipzig interest

Galatasaray have begun talks with Milan to sign Christopher Nkunku, with Newcastle and RB Leipzig also reportedly monitoring the forward's situation.

Article summary

Turkish giants Galatasaray have opened negotiations with AC Milan over a potential transfer for Christopher Nkunku, the French forward who joined the Rossoneri from Chelsea. The move would reunite Nkunku with a familiar environment, as the 28-year-old previously worked under current Galatasaray manager Okan Buruk during their time together at Istanbul. Newcastle United and RB Leipzig are also reportedly tracking the situation, potentially complicating negotiations. The player's high wages remain a significant obstacle to any deal, though Galatasaray are believed to be confident in their financial package.

Nkunku's future at Milan has looked uncertain since the end of the season, and a concrete approach from Galatasaray suggests the Turkish club are serious about making a marquee signing rather than simply exploring options. With multiple clubs circling, Milan hold a relatively strong negotiating position, though wage demands could narrow the field of realistic buyers. For Galatasaray, a player of Nkunku's Champions League pedigree would represent a statement signing, while Leipzig would represent a sentimental homecoming for a player who developed there as a youth.

Source and timing

Published
Aug 18, 2026, 3:35 PM
Category
Media Report
Confidence
60%
Priority
Normal

Related teams, competitions, matches, and tags

  • ac-milan
  • newcastle
  • rb-leipzig
  • Ac Milan
  • Rb Leipzig
  • Galatasaray
  • Serie A
  • Super Lig

Related article links

These related articles are returned by the same team or competition news APIs and are linked here only when real article data is available.

FAQ

What is this article based on?

This article page uses the article data returned by the Chance API, including source attribution, summaries, topics, and resolved soccer entities when available.

Does Chance invent related teams or competitions?

No. Related entities are shown only when article data includes real slugs or resolved entity records; clickable links require reliable route identifiers.

Galatasaray open talks with Milan's Nkunku amid Newcastle and Leipzig interest | Chance Soccer News